This is what happens when Achmed spills some souvlaki or yogurt on the
transmitter off switch in Emirler. Here is the Voice Of Turkey in English
on 9830kHz at 2200UTC August 14th, 2017.

The signal is good, but as you can hear it starts off RTTY interference
that is near dead on to 9830khz. This is about average for the RTTY,
sometimes it's barely noticeable and one time, it was so bad it obliterated
Voice Of Turkey for several minutes.

Unlike the sign on interval signal, the sign off interval signal is not
interspersed with any announcements, "The Is The Voice Of Turkey"

At about 58 minutes 20 seconds into my recording you hear the interval tune
start to fade out and have a very brief bit of dead air before the interval
pick back up.

That's actually a restart of the interval tune. Listen at 59 minutes and 21
seconds, you'll hear "This Is The Voice Of Turkey" spoken again.. IN GERMAN!

I am fairly certain the Emirler Shortwave site gets it's program feed off
the Turksat3A Satellite feed and also that the Emirler site is manually
controlled/switched.

When 9830kHz doesn't get switched off, it just chugs along in whatever
language is next up on the satellite feed.

I've heard 9830khz go past it 2300UTC sign off by as little as 15 minutes,
or in this case of my August 14th recording.. go past the sign off by about
45 minutes. One night. I'm fairly certain I remember hearing 9830khz still
on until about 0030UTC.

Audio recording:
https://app.box.com/s/947j2qddc7y1mg41g4lkyww8ub1ryvb6

Equipment used: JRC NRD535D table top communications receiver, a magnetic
loop antenna in the shape of a volleyball net that is 25 feet long by 10
feet tall and connected to a Wellbrook ALA100LN amplifier control head. I
use the radio and antenna in conjunction with a EmTech ZM2 antenna tuner
and a DXEngineering JF PreAmp. Your radio station gets recorded on a Tecsun
ICR100 digital recorder in mp3 format on an SD Card that is then uploaded
to the computer.

I am in the very far northwest corner of Pennsylvania between Erie,
Pennsylvania and Jamestown, New York.