Listening to 15140khz on the UTwente SDR, I thought I'd been noticing a
carrier sign on and disappear but I'd never been paying attention and
looking out for it but I was today.. and I saw it again.

A chinese language transmission would show up about 1401 or 1402 and 30
seconds to a minute, disappear. I heard a news theme/top of the hour intro
and it sounded like CRI.. but nothing is scheduled for them on this
frequency at this hour... so I wonder why this transmission keeps popping
up?

Oman signed on at 1407UTC with a brief blip of arabic then switched to
English

I've also noticed several days in a row, no carrier from 15140khz in the
afternoon between AIR sign off/RHC sign on or after RHC signs off  when
listening to UTwente or my radio at home

Paul