** CANADA. Richard LaCroix, ODXA, replies to my obs that Trenton
Military has been missing from VOLMET on 6754 USB and 15034 USB, but
there is another 2-way frequency:

``Glenn, 11232 is in fact busy. This is the Canadian Forces Military
Aeronautical Communications System (MACS).
Further information can be found here:
Military Aeronautical Communications System (MACS) Trenton
http://www.milspec.ca/canforce/facilities/macs/macs-trenton.html

You can find my MACS logs at the following URL:
Trenton Military General Log
https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,114462.0.html

As for the VOLMET station, still to be determined. I contacted a work
colleague back on June 1st with regards to the clock being wrong (in
EDT vice ZULU time zone) with no response. Nature of the military, the
member may have been posted out, on leave or retired`` (Glenn Hauser,
OK, WOR)

** CHINA. 21490, Aug 4 at 2319, Chinese S1/S4, i.e. CNR1 jammer vs
Sound of Hope. Would be OSOB if it were not for another much weaker
one on 21800, so it`s the SSOB. Nothing else on 13m (Glenn Hauser, OK,
WOR)

** CUBA. 6100, August 4 at 0633, mushy mess here, presumably RHC,
rather than extension on 11670 or 11760 as often happens. Something`s
always wrong at RHC. Checking on the DX-398 with clipon, since main rx
R75 had been off and now requires about 23 minutes to warm up for
normal modulation output (Glenn Hauser,  OK, WOR)

** EGYPT [and non]. 9439.995, August 4 at *2115, R. Cairo cuts on,
S9+35/45 into UTwente, undermodulated but what English? remains is
extremely distorted. Not paying much attn but at 2130 notice it`s off
the air: good! But *2132 back on the air. 2135* off again, back and
forth, then mostly off. Something`s always egregious in Egypt.

Meanwhile this Friday hour, I`m mainly listening to `Behavior Night`
on WBCQ webcast with incomparably higher fi (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** INDONESIA [non]. 7290, August 4 at 1025, JBA carrier, presumably
CNR1 which starts at 1000. When I happened to upwake, first checking
for RRI Nabire, which I never hear earlier before bedtime on its
limited sked, but now it`s too late. Would you believe that Aoki has
no entry for it at all, despite Ron Howard`s very frequent logs of
it?? EiBi shows two irr. spans, 0600-0940 & 0940-1100, but Ron never
reports it before 0800. Best chance would be during 09-10 hour when
even a JBA carrier could be confirmed by its always-minus offset.

Ron`s latest log: ``7289.93, RRI Nabire Pro 1, 0825 till cut off at
0915* UT, July 28. The usual EZL music/songs/announcers/Islamic
Shalawat Tarhim prayer/Maghrib (sunset) call-to-prayer. A good day
here with decent reception.`` Dene Lynneberg in NZ DX Times had it 26
July at 0804-1000 via South Australia remote on 7289.95.

HFCC A23 is even more misleading, showing 7290, 1 kW ND from NAB at
05-08 & 23-02, in ENGLISH! The only others remaining, 3325 & 4750 are
also in ``Eng``. For years HFCC kept listing defunct RRI regional
tropicals as in English: at least those have been outweeded (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

** NEW ZEALAND. 11725, August 4 at 0631, RNZP is back here as expected
after testing 24 hours ago on 9655 instead (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6200, Aug 4 at 0639, JBA carrier into DX-398,
presumably pirate in SW USA, R. Vostochnaya Zvezda. So far I have had
nothing better from it here ex-7400, but Ron Howard reported, as
partially quoted on WORLD OF RADIO 2202:

``NORTH AMERICA. 6200 AM, Russian ethnic pirate Radio Channel Eastern
Star/Radio Vostochnaya Zvezda, 0846-0935 UT, Aug 3; clear boost in
power; mostly Russian ballads, with announcers in Russian and English
("Next song is . . . Thank you"); I check here regularly and had not
detected any signal recently. Nice to have stronger signal, but
unfortunately today I also noticed extremely strong summertime QRN
(static). In fact the worst I have heard all this year, but the signal
was cutting through the static fairly well, per attached brief audio.

Thanks very much for the quick (1915 UT Aug 3) reply to my report:

"Thank you so much for listening! Yes looks like a strong signal. I
can't wait to see what it will be like in the winter. I have made a
small adjustment and the power output will be even higher tonight.
Running class E, about 70 watts carrier can go up to 100 watts carrier
400 PEP but the modulator cannot handle it. It is already hot hot,
however the output final is only warm to the touch. I added cooling to
it and it is doing very well. The new board from China I designed on
JLCPCB has come as you can tell, hence the stronger signal :)
Everything is going hand in hand with my math now. It looks like there
is only some little error due to changes in temperature and so on,
that is perfect for this purpose though. I am running more power than
I have ever before on shortwave. Even when I had the Ameritron. Keep
your eyes peeled, I might be doing some SSTV soon. That will be when I
have a very strong signal. I will be adding a handful of new songs
soon too. Also that name change is still coming up. Best regards and
good luck dxing!"`` via Ron Howard (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** OKLAHOMA. 27184.4 AM, Aug 4 at 2324, steady S9 open carrier from
some local CBer on what should be a busy calling channel. Also a day
or two ago; could be keyed down 24/7. Why not relay a local FM station
as before? (Glenn Hauser, Enid, WOR)

** PERU [and non]. 4775, August 4 at 1027, JBA music vs CODAR. Since
turning it on at 0630 just before bedtime I let the R75 run until I
happen to awaken, for a quick bandscan. This must have been R. Tarma,
which I don`t hear during my usual listening spans. By this time, also
carrier on 4940 presumably Colombizuela, but 4885 Brasil already
outfaded (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** SPAIN. 17855, Fri Aug 4 at 2200, token English from SNR is still in
summer mode, i.e. nothing is happening in Spain, so no news and no one
present, just playing back canned stuff, this time a Feb interview
about some play I`m sure I have never seen and never shall. At least
the other three frequencies are also running, in quick check via
Maryland SDR. Since there are at least 3? people in the English
department now, why don`t they take turns going on vacation so normal
current programming can continue? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** TURKEY. 11785.006, Aug 4, VOT cuts on a few sex after 2200 with
dead air, off* a minute later. Fails to stay on with English. Would
have been good signal via UTwente. Something`s always erroneous at
Emirler (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 2202 monitoring:
9955, Friday August 4 at 1430, after ID, WRMI plays RAE
Argentina To The World multi-lingual ID reel four or five times,
finally 1433 starts RAE in French; strange accent so I do not
recognize language at first. Unclear why a few weeks ago this suddenly
replaced what had been the earliest weekly WORLD OF RADIO airing,
which still appears on WRMI websked along with another imaginary one
on 9955, Saturday at 1930. And on the contrary I see WOR is no longer
shown Sunday at 1330 on 9955, so does that mean it *is* on?

Confirmed Friday August 4 at 2049 the 2030 on IRRS SW via AM Italia,
1323 kHz Villa Estense, and still no // on 918 or 207 kHz; S9+10 into
nearby Noale SDR with lite CCI but considerable storm crashing around
Italy and Slovenia. ``Sign off`` at 2059, then stays on with FSNews as
usual. Next:

0130 UT Saturday WRMI 5850 to NW
1930vUT Saturday WA0RCR 1860-AM
0030 UT Sunday WRMI 7780 to SW
0245vUT Sunday WA0RCR 1860-AM [nominal 0315; as late as 0457]
1330 UT Sunday WRMI 9955 to SSE
[also phonecast, webcast][jammed by Cuba?]
2000 UT Sunday IRRS 1323 & 918? & 207?-Italy
0030 UT Monday WRMI 7780 to SW
0300vUT Monday WBCQ Area 51 6160v to WSW
0030 UT Tuesday WRMI 9395 to NNW
2330 UT Tuesday WRMI 9395 to NNW
1000 UT Wednesday Unique R, NSW 5035-LSB
1030 UT Wednesday Unique R, NSW 5035-LSB [previous #2201]
2100 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v to WSW
0030 UT Thursday WRMI 9395 to NNW
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 5010 to S
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 9395 to NNW

Many thanks this week to Peter Robinson, Preston UK, ``just thanks for
World of Radio - giving DXers and SWLs the best program about
shortwaves. 73``, for a very generous contribution not originally in
US funds, via PayPal to woradio at yahoo.com

One may also contribute via MO or check in US funds on a US bank, to
Glenn Hauser, PO Box 1684, Enid OK 73702 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 98.3, August 4 at 2038-2042+ UT, deadair in mono from KZQZ
Kiowa KS, only thing of note during perfunctory bandscan twice of
caradio when MUF was not exceeding 88 MHz around here. Still dead at
2310 recheck. Surely is $tereo when musicking? Another station where
nohuman is paying any attention to its own output.

Speaking of Kiowa, whatever became of Dr Scott Becker, onetime partner
of Allan Weiner at WBCQ? Several years ago he became a nonentity, not
even mentioned now anywhere on website. He did own a restaurant in
Kiowa, and he had a ham call which no longer exists, KB5MDH:
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=366478
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** URUGUAY. 21250 USB, Aug 4 at 2320, CX4RT trying to contact some N2s
in New York, but can`t copy their calls; QRZ? The OSOB here as I don`t
hear them either; also no ham activity on 24 or 28 MHz bands.
QRZ.com:

CX4RT Uruguay flag Uruguay
Juan Conde
Aveneu Victor Hugo casi Lope De Vega Post Code 20100
Punta del Este Grid Square Locator GF25MB
Uruguay

along with lots of antenna, equipment and family photos (Glenn Hauser,
OK, WOR)

This report dispatched at 0035 UT August 5