Tonight Chris goes one on one with White House Counselor Dan Bartlett on the
leak investigation, the kerfuffle in the Senate and what it means for the
debate over Iraq...There'll be other hot topics but Chris is quite
unpredictable and you never know where he might go...That's what makes the show
so fun...

Of course we'll get into that blockbuster story on the front of the Post about
the secret CIA "black sites."

Ranking Dem Senator Jay Rockefeller stops by to discuss "Phase II" of the Iraq
intel investigation....This is the issue Dems were crying about yesterday
during the closed session...Phase II of the investigation (of how the Iraq
intel was wrong) deals with how policy makers (i.e. The Bush administration)
handled, shaped and sold that Intel which took us to war...You can see why
Republicans don't want this investigation and why The White House wouldn't
either...And by the way, what does Libby's indictment and his handling of the
intel tell us about how to we went to war?  What did the infamous "White House
Iraq Group" do to sell the war?

Later in this show we talk to Jimmy Carter, who is flogging a new book "Our
Endangered Values : America's Moral Crisis"...He was on the Today show blasting
at the Administration...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_re_us/carter_iraq&printer=1

We wrap things up with DeeDee and Nick Calio, President Bush's top lobbyist on
the Hill from 2001-2003...Should be a good one...

Please join us...

Dominic Bellone wrote, compiled and edited The Hardball Briefing from
Washington, DC

White House defends decisions that led to war...Democrats, too, saw Saddam as a
threat, presidential spokesman says (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9900318/

CIA holds terror suspects in secret prisons...Debate grows within agency about
legality, morality of approach (The Washington Post)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9890829/

Heated day in D.C. leads to more prewar probes...Following unusual closed
Senate session, Democrats claim victory (AP)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9886959/

Curry Analysis: Harry Reid sparks a dramatic Senate standoff...On quiet Indian
summer afternoon, Democrats spring an Iraq-Libby surprise
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9887457/

Suicide bomber kills 20 ahead of Muslim feast...Attack comes after 4 U.S.
troops die, raising American death toll to 2,032 (AP)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9895306/

Giuliani pushes alternative education for poor..New York's ex-mayor calls
subject nation's most important civil-rights issue
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9898912/

Panda cub goes on limited public view...Zoo supporters snap up thousands of
tickets in a few hours http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9897511/

Opinion/Editorial

Buchanan: Pat Fitzgerald: A 'special' prosecutor
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47180

Mondo Washington: Springing a Leak...Now there seems to be even more hot water
in Cheney's boiler room http://villagevoice.com/news/0544,mondo1,69550,6.html

Doonesbury http://www.ucomics.com/doonesbury/