First up, year eight.

Today marks the 8th year of the War in Afghanistan. Are we winning? Almost
1,500 coalition deaths and countless civilian deaths later, is the United
States using the best strategy in order to achieve a victory? We'll play
Hardball on the direction of the War in Afghanistan with Congressmen Mac
Thornberry (R-TX), Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) and NBC's Andrea Mitchell will bring
you the latest from the White House.

For more, go to: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33209477/ns/politics-white_house/

Plus, the politics of war.

Former Senator and author of "Heart of a Patriot" Max Cleland will join us to
discuss how the politics of the War in Afghanistan is affecting President
Obama's agenda and what lessons should be learned from the war.

For more, go to: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33194092/ns/politics-white_house/

Next up, GOP gaining?

A new Gallup Poll seems to show the GOP is gaining some ground. Will this be a
trend that will influence the upcoming gubernatorial races and 2010 Senate
races? We'll analyze the possibility of a GOP comeback with Politico's John
Harris and Editor of the Cook Political Report and NBC Political Analyst
Charlie Cook.

For more, go to: http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/10/07/2091594.aspx

Finally, in the Politics Fix, Salon's Joan Walsh and MSNBC Political Analyst
Michael Smerconish will join us to talk about Afghanistan, the big troubles of
Senator John Ensign (R-NV) and Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-NY), and the rest
of the day's political news.

For more, go to: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33195813/ns/politics-capitol_hill/