-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of CS
Wagner
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 3:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Vista without CPRS

That is great.  I'll get the non-gui version and see how that flies.

As for the VPNs, I don't have a choice there.  The hospital only allows
their VPN to be used.  They monitor the network for rogue VPN activity
and shut down the ports of any VPN listeners.  If I were to set up my
own VPN on the Vista server, it would only take a day or so before the
MAC address was banned from the network.

As for VMWare et al, that is not allowed with this project.  I had to
fight a major uphill battle to get them to allow purchasing Windows to
run the GUI version of CPRS.  The initial project plan requested a free
OS for both the server and clients.  After proving that it would cost
way too much to get CPRS to run on Linux, they caved on the fact that
purchasing new client PCs will include the Windows OS - so it isn't
really an added expense.

 -Shaun

Nancy Anthracite wrote:

>You believe you will find documentation for the non GUI version of CPRS
in
>the www.va.gov/vdl web site right next to the CPRSGui documentation -
CPRS
>List Managers Version is it I think.  John Zimmer is a fan of the
non-GUI
>interface as I recall.
>
>CPRSGui did not come into existance until the mid-90s to my knowledge,
so
>you won't be much behind the times.  I gather you have tried various
VPNs,