Shaun,

I'm with you.  The documentation is terrible until you
already have kind of figured out the subject.  There
needs to be some bridge documentation.  I think our
community(including you) will have to write this for
the next guy...  I think that those that have advanced
in knowledge forget the challenges they had in the
beginning, so they are not the best ones to write such
bridge documentation.  So, can you try to document
what you figure out as you go along?  I could put what
you write up on my website.

Someone set up a wikki that would be ideal for
this...but no one seems to be adding to it. (URL on
request)

Kevin