Maury,

My intent is to manually navigate through the EMR
until the endless loop begins.  I will then evoke a
macro that waits for a given phrase, and enters the
appropriate response.

Thanks for finding the key sequences below.  I think I
had found the same sequences before, but for some
reason they are not working.  I am going to include my
key mapping file.  Can you look at it and see if I am
doing it correctly?

I run TeraTerm, then select menu option to load key
map.  I load the file.  I then press F7, which in
Medic EMR means exit or backup, and nothing happens.

Thanks

Kevin

Here is my key map file.  Notice that I turn off the
VT function keys, and also the X function keys.  I
then define the User keys.  Thanks again

; Sample of KEYBOARD.CNF for the IBM-PC/AT 101-key
keyboard.
; See KEYCODE.TXT for the description of the format.
;
[VT editor keypad]
;Up arrow key
Up=328
;Down arrow key
Down=336
;Right arrow key
Right=333
;Left arrow key
Left=331
;Insert key
Find=338
;Home key
Insert=327
;PageUp key
Remove=329
;Delete key
Select=339
;End key
Prev=335
;PageDown key
Next=337

[VT numeric keypad]
;Num pad 0 key
Num0=82
;Num pad 1 key
Num1=79
;Num pad 2 key
Num2=80
;Num pad 3 key
Num3=81
;Num pad 4 key
Num4=75
;Num pad 5 key
Num5=76
;Num pad 6 key
Num6=77
;Num pad 7 key
Num7=71
;Num pad 8 key
Num8=72
;Num pad 9 key
Num9=73
;Cntrl + Num pad '+' key
NumMinus=1102
;Num pad '+' key
NumComma=78
;Num pad '.' key
NumPeriod=83
;Num pad Enter key
NumEnter=284
;Num pad NumLock key
PF1=325
;PF1=off
;Num pad '/' key
PF2=309
;PF2=off
;Num pad '*' key
PF3=55
;PF3=off
;Num pad '-' key
PF4=74
;PF4=off

[VT function keys]
Hold=off
Print=off
Break=off
;F6 key
;kt removed // F6=64
F6=off  ;kt
;F7 key
;kt removed // F7=65
F7=off  ;kt
;F8 key
;kt removed // F8=66
F8=off  ;kt
;F9 key
;kt removed // F9=67
F9=off  ;kt
;F10 key
;kt removed // F10=68
F10=off  ;kt
;F11 key
;kt removed // F11=87
F11=off  ;kt
;F12 key
;kt removed // F12=88
F12=off  ;kt
;Shift + F3 key
F13=573
;Shift + F4 key
F14=574
;Shift + F5 key
Help=575
;Shift + F6 key
Do=576
;Shift + F7 key
F17=577
;Shift + F8 key
F18=578
;Shift + F9 key
F19=579
;Shift + F10 key
F20=580
;Ctrl + F6 key
UDK6=1088
;Ctrl + F7 key
UDK7=1089
;Ctrl + F8 key
UDK8=1090
;Ctrl + F9 key
UDK9=1091
;Ctrl + F10 key
UDK10=1092
;Ctrl + F11 key
UDK11=1111
;Ctrl + F12 key
UDK12=1112
;Ctrl + Shift + F3 key
UDK13=1597
;Ctrl + Shift + F4 key
UDK14=1598
;Ctrl + Shift + F5 key
UDK15=1599
;Ctrl + Shift + F6 key
UDK16=1600
;Ctrl + Shift + F7 key
UDK17=1601
;Ctrl + Shift + F8 key
UDK18=1602
;Ctrl + Shift + F9 key
UDK19=1603
;Ctrl + Shift + F10 key
UDK20=1604

[X function keys]
; F1 key
;kt removed  XF1=59
XF1=off   ;kt
; F2 key
;kt removed  XF2=60
XF2=off   ;kt
; F3 key
;kt removed  XF3=61
XF3=off   ;kt
; F4 key
;kt removed  XF4=62
XF4=off   ;kt
; F5 key
;kt removed  XF5=63
XF5=off   ;kt

[Shortcut keys]
; Ctrl + Insert
EditCopy=1362
; Shift + Insert
EditPaste=850
EditPasteCR=off
EditCLS=off
EditCLB=off
ControlOpenTEK=off
ControlCloseTEK=off
; Ctrl + up-arrow
LineUp=1352
; Ctrl + down-arrow
LineDown=1360
; Ctrl + PageUp
PageUp=1353
; Ctrl + PageDown
PageDown=1361
; Ctrl + Home
BuffTop=1351
; Ctrl + End
BuffBottom=1359
; Ctrl + Tab
NextWin=1039
; Ctrl + Shift + Tab
PrevWin=1551
LocalEcho=off

;Example of user key definitions.
;[User keys]
;       Ctrl + F1 key: character string
;User1=1083,0,telnet myhost
;
;       Ctrl + F2 key: control characters
;User2=1084,0,$0D$0A
;
;       Ctrl + F3 key: CR character with new-line code
conversion (CR -> CR/CR+LF)
;User3=1085,1,$0D
;
;       Ctrl + F4 key: Executing a macro file
;User4=1086,2,test.ttl
;
;       Ctrl + F5 key: Executing a menu command
;User5=1087,3,50110
[User keys]
USER1=59,0,$1B$61$0D   ;\Ea\r
USER2=60,0,$1B$62$0D   ;\Eb\r
USER3=61,0,$1B$63$0D   ;\Ec\r
USER4=62,0,$1B$64$0D   ;\Ed\r
USER5=63,0,$1B$65$0D   ;\Ee\r
USER6=64,0,$1B$66$0D   ;\Ef\r
USER7=65,0,$1B$67$0D   ;\Eg\r
USER8=66,0,$1B$68$0D   ;\Eh\r
USER9=67,0,$1B$69$0D   ;\Ei\r
USER10=68,0,$1B$6A$0D   ;\Ej\r
USER11=87,0,$1B$6B$0D   ;\Ek\r
USER12=88,0,$1B$6C$0D   ;\El\r

--- Maury Pepper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If escape sequences are necessary to navigate, and
> if you don't know the
> escape sequences, then how will you write a
> script which contains all of the necessary
> characters?
>
> The following termcap segment came from
> www.blueemulations.com/e3151doc.shtml
> :f1=\Ea\r:f2=\Eb\r:f3=\Ec\r:f4=\Ed\r:f5=\Ee\r:
> :f6=\Ef\r:f7=\Eg\r:f8=\Eh\r:f9=\Ei\r:f10=\Ej\r:
> :f11=\Ek\r:f12=\El\r:
> :F1=\E!a\r:F2=\E!b\r:F3=\E!c\r:F4=\E!d\r:F5=\E!e\r:
> :F6=\E!f\r:F7=\E!g\r:F8=\Ew\r:F9=\E!i\r:F10=\E!j\r:
> :F11=\E!k\r:F12=\E!l\r:

:^f1=\E"a\r:^f2=\E"b\r:^f3=\E"c\r:^f4=\E"d\r:^f5=\E"e\r:

:^f6=\E"f\r:^f7=\E"g\r:^f8=\E"h\r:^f9=\Ei\r:^f10=\Ej\r:
> :^f11=\Ek\r:^f12=\El\r:

=== message truncated ===