Todd and Bhaskar,

Thanks for the links.

"My system administrator" is me.  Well, that's not
exactly true.  We have a service agreement with
Medic/Mysis that is less than helpful.

For example, I asked if AIX could mount an NFS from
linux.  "Well I just don't know.  I've never even seen
Linux.  And that would be all with a GIU anyway,
wouldn't it?"

I'm kind of scared about trying to install software on
the server because I won't know how to fix it if I
screw anything up.  And its our mission-critical
hardware.

But if I can't find another solution, I may come back
to this.

Thanks again.
Kevin

p.s.  I am assuming that this software would be on the
server, not on a remote client--right?

kt