Hello all.  This question is for you Linux guru's out
there.

As part of my project to export data from my old
system, I am having trouble with small hard drives on
my old AIX server.  I want to get around this problem
by mounting a remote drive from a linux server.

I have been trying to follow the linux NFS HowTo.  But
as usual I only understand about half of what I read.

I gotten to the point where I can mount the drive
locally:
mount localhost:/var/nfs/aix /mnt/tmp
And it works as expected.

Because working with an AIX server might complicate
matters, I decided to first get the remote drive
mounted on a second linux computer.  All these
computers might be confusing, so I'll list them

1. Linux NFS server ("vpn")
2. AIX client
3. Linux test client

I think I have added the appropriate ip addresses to
the hosts.allow file. Also, I used the RH9 graphic
setup for NFS on the NFS server.

At first I was getting an error on the Test Client box
about the connection being refused. So I added a hole
in my iptables to let the signal through:
iptables -I INPUT 1 -j ACCEPT -s
192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
This should allow communication from all units on my
local network but still keep out the internet (I
think).

But now when I try to mount from the linux test
client, I am getting the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# mount vpn:/var/nfs/aix /mnt/tmp
mount: RPC: Program not registered
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

Can anyone help?

Thanks