Fedora is for those who want to live on the bleeding edge of software
releases, not for production sites!

Debian 3.0r3 (a.k.a. Woody) is a fine choice for a production site.
Debian "testing" (a.k.a. Sarge) is not recommended for production, but
it has been stable for me at home, and I would consider using it in
production - but I do sometimes live life more on the edge than I
should.  Debian "unstable" (a.k.a. Sid), is bleeding edge, and I don't
use it.

Installing Debian on hard disk via Knoppix (mostly Sarge with some
packages from Sid - Crawford, please correct me if I lie) is reasonably
stable, but not ideal for production, where you want to minimize the
number of packages that are installed (the KISS principle).

Fedora is probably somewhere between Sarge and Sid.

-- Bhaskar

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 11:44, Nancy E. Anthracite wrote:
> My son and I had a discussion about Fedora Core 3 because our upgrade this
> time was less than smooth.  I suspect that things will iron out rapidly, but
> be sure to do an update as soon as you install it if you use it.
>
> It might be that Fedora is moving a little to rapidly for a server like this
> and you would be better off with the Enterprise edition of RedHat.  Raymond
> was considering the merits of Debian for a server.  He is in the process of
> installing to see how it works out on one of his machines, but it apparently
> does not work with your machine, so that is out.

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential and/or privileged
information intended only for the person(s) named.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly
prohibited.

NOTE: Ce courriel est destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s)
ci-dessus et peut contenir de l'information privilegiee, confidentielle et/ou
dispensee de divulgation aux termes des lois applicables. Si vous avez recu ce
message par erreur, ou s'il ne vous est pas destine, veuillez le mentionner
immediatement a l'expediteur et effacer ce courriel.