Bob,

Please contact me off line, I would specifically like to know who you "begged and pleaded with" as this is the first time I have heard of your concerns about being not being able to present at WorldVistA meetings. Frankly, given the seriousness of this issue, I am surprised that you have not "officially" contacted the board to voice your concern.... our email addresses are posted on our website.

WorldVistA's focus is making VistA as widely available as possible to improve health care.... not the platforms it runs on. We do care about affordability, platform independence, the VistA code staying open and freely available and there there is viable and growing capacity to support and deploy VistA both for profit and otherwise. This isn't the simple "legacy" business model or market that we are used to, and it is critical to communicate early and oftern to avoid wasting energy on misunderstandings.

Joseph Dal Molin
Director, WorldVistA

Robert M. Witkop wrote:
For years I have been attending World VistA meetings, and have quietly
helped those who were interested in knowing more about Cache. I can show
how using objects to expose VistA data can help VistA acceptance. Using
objects not "object wrappers" can provide performance that cannot be
obtained using wrappers.

I have asked. begged and pleaded for the opportunity to present the
technical benifits of using modern technology, but have not been allowed
to present. Yes, I was allowed a short presentation showing some of the
differences between DSM and Cache, but the slot was during the lunch
break.

Yes, VistA can benefit from InterSystems, that is why I am there, And
yes, there are "non-friendlies" who would cut off their nose to spite
their face.

I am an InterSystems representative. To avoid flames, I normally take
questions about Cache off line and repsond quietly. Yet, others could
have used the information as well.

I would love to do a workshop showing how to map VistA to objects, and
use to objects to expose the data as Java, SQL, etc.

If anyone wants to know more about Cache and InterSystems, you must ask
for it. My voice falls on deaf ears.

Bob Witkop