Hello all,

I am having difficulty creating a cross reference on a
field I have added to file 2 (PATIENT file).  We were
talking about this earlier, but I can't find the
earlier thread to link this post to.

My custom field is 22700 (in my numberspace).
Below is a screen log of it not working, then more
comments below:

-----------------------------------
What type of cross-reference (Traditional or New)?
Traditional//   TRADITIONAL

MODIFY WHAT FILE: PATIENT//
Select FIELD: 22700  MEDIC ACCOUNT NUMBER

NO CURRENT CROSS-REFERENCE
WANT TO CREATE A NEW CROSS-REFERENCE FOR THIS FIELD?
No// y  (Yes)
CROSS-REFERENCE NUMBER: 1// 22700??

-----------------------------------
I have traced through the code, and found where the
problem comes from.  In DICE.m, a search is done to
validate my input.  Here is DIC(*) and X:

DIC="^DOPT(""DICR"","
DIC(0)="EQA"
DIC("B")=1
DIC("S")="I 1"
X=22700

after ^DIC is called, Y=-1

So I tried to find out more about ^DOPT(*).  I can't
find a reference in the FILE file.  Furthermore, when
I do a dump of ^DOPT, I can't find any node for
"DICR".  I.e. ^DOPT("DICR",*) is completely empty.

I'm sure this is not something I accidentally deleted
because I was unaware of the file until today.

So what is supposed to be in ^DOPT("DICR", that would
allow me to create my cross-reference?  According to
the code, it looks for Y=6 (resulting in a GOTO
6^DICE0) or Y=7 (resulting in a GOTO ^DICE7)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks