OK.  I misunderstood you.  Sorry.

But still, I had to perform the hand procedure
outlined below to get it to work.  The Fileman code
that was designed to flush-out the needed information
first looked for ^DOPT("DIU",11), and if it found it,
assumed that all was well--and did NOT put in the
needed information.  So by removing ^DOPT("DIU",11),
Fileman "repaired" itself, i.e. it put in the needed
information.

Thanks
Kevin