I didn't realize that.  But in my case, it wouldn't be an issue.

Here is my plan.

A doctor uses CPRS to partly create a note.  He doesn't sign it--just leaves it imcomplete.  He might use templates to create the bulk of the note.  However, sometimes templates don't capture the essence of a patient's problem, and narrative is required.  The doctor would dictate this part.  Then, during the upload process, the transcribed portion and the doctor's portion will be merged appropriately.  This final note will be marked as requiring a doctor's signiture.

I think this would capture the best of both worlds -- dictation and low cost not creation.

Kevin

Dewaine Beard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Remember that if you edit the text of a signed
progress note the electronic signature will become a
hashed jumble. This is a security feature designed
into the product to ensure that once a document is
signed its contents are not changed. (a watermark of
sorts)

You would want to be able to go into court and say
with 100% confidence that the note that they printed
out is the same note you signed and that no one has
added or deleted anything since!

So, when it comes to TIU, be careful.

Dewaine