I believe the majority of the billing is not done within VistA.  The recent
billing patches, to my knowledge, only gather together information for a
third party billing service to use to process a claim, and it may not even
include charges at all, as I believe that is probably handled by the
processing entity or information provided to that entity separately.  Even if
there are charges withing VistA, I doubt there are any rates that would
differ from patient to patient.