Kevin,
I've got the odd steps (1 and 3),but steps 2 and 4?
how is that done?
how is a Voice file/recording is assigned to a
transcriptionist in VistA - the Menu's ... associated
with it?

As i was just looking up some of the documentation, i
came across some options that i do not have in my
installation of VistA. Like the Transcriptionist's
Menu, Surgery Transcription Menu... I found these
options from documentation that i had downloaded quite
some time back (Surgery User manual). This Obviously
was what probably existed before the SU*3.0*100 patch
was applied! This patch also, as one of its
requirements, had TIU*1.0*112 which i installed. Guess
the installation of this patch has to do with the
changes. Also the documentation of this Surgery
patch's user manual, does not talk of these options,
it has only a couple of pages on  operation report
dictation which is obviously not very helpful.

Was just wondering if VistA has a dictation system?

Nick