As far as I understand it, CPRS is far from a complete GUI interface for VistA
and many
essential functions work so far only on dumb terminals.

A web based application interface using Mozilla can be almost completely
platform neutral
and thus could be implemented completely in Linux - or not depending on what
works best
for you.