> >                   My ultimate goal is to include
> > the installation of m2web
> > into the scripts:
>
> Do you mean that you will have the script
> automatically install M2web on the system?  Why not
> simply install it, then create a master disk.  This
> would involve having Bhaskar burn a new Viva disk.

[jlz]
That's my target. One Xdialog/dialog script to install
and run the whole demo system...
coLinux compatable as well.

> The same could apply for VPE.  I think it should come
> pre-installed.

[jlz]
Agreed. But that can just be included in the OpenVistA tar

> > 1.) I've added a test to ...OpenVistA/vista to
> > switch from Xdialog to plain
> > old dialog in the absence of Xwindows, like so:
> >
> > ###
> > if [[ -z $DISPLAY ]] ; then dialog --infobox "X not
> > running" 0 0 ;
> > $vista_source/dvista ; exit 1
> >    fi
> > ###
> >
> > 1b.) ?? How do I add a test for the <<absence>> of
> > Xdialog itself??
>
> Xdialog is a file that lives in /urs/bin.  I think you
> could do a "file-exists" type function.  I don't know
> what this is in Linux, but it should be standard.

[jlz] I know the expertise is out there..
and searchable if I weren't so lazy...
and on call all weekend.

> > ;;
> >   "Rundown") clear
> >             `$gtm_dist/mupip rundown -r "*"`
> >             Xdialog --infobox "rundown finished" 0 0
> > 6000 ; exit 1
> > ;;
> > esac
>
> Also, do you know Xdialog well enough to include a
> graphic on the dialog box at start up.  It would make
> it look much more professional.

[jlz]
I am already spending too much time on Xdialog.
Pure, simple, old dialog is probably more functional.