What is the DD definition of the ENTERED BY field?  Can you use VPE's ..VEDD and capture the display of the field's characteristics and paste them in here?

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
I figured it out.  You are supposed to search for:
field CONTAINS tmgr, not
field EQUALS tmgr.

grrr....

This search function is NOT user friendly.

Kevin

--- Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am having trouble with the Fileman search
function.
Will it only search on fields that have an index?

I am trying to do a simple search for field 1302
(ENTERED BY)=MANAGER,TRANSCRIPTION (initials: tmgr),
will then try to follow instructions from Thomas'
post
about changing this to another user.

I know that many records have a value of tmgr for
this
field.  But it doesn't find them in the search.

First I'll show that ENTERED BY contains 'tmgr' for
at
least one record:
--------------------------

Include COMPUTED fields:  (N/Y/R/B): NO// b  BOTH
Computed Fields and Record Num
ber (IEN)

NUMBER: 5901                            DOCUMENT
TYPE:
OFFICE VISIT
  PATIENT: 15377                        PARENT
DOCUMENT TYPE: OFFICE NOTES CLASS
  STATUS: COMPLETED
  EPISODE BEGIN DATE/TIME: FEB 28, [EMAIL PROTECTED]:12:46
  VISIT TYPE: A                         ENTRY
DATE/TIME: FEB 28, [EMAIL PROTECTED]:17:48
  AUTHOR/DICTATOR: THWING,PHILIP T      EXPECTED
SIGNER: THWING,PHILIP T
  HOSPITAL LOCATION: Laughlin_Office    VISIT
LOCATION: Laughlin_Office
  DIVISION: Medical Group of Greeneville
  REFERENCE DATE: FEB 24, [EMAIL PROTECTED]:00    ENTERED BY:
tmgr
  CAPTURE METHOD: remote procedure
  SIGNATURE DATE/TIME: FEB 28, [EMAIL PROTECTED]:10:42
  SIGNED BY: THWING,PHILIP T            SIGNATURE
BLOCK NAME: PHILIP T THWING
  SIGNATURE MODE: electronic            COSIGNATURE
NEEDED: NO
 REPORT TEXT:   xxxxxxxxxx

--------------------------

Now I will show that a search for this record fails:

-------------------------

OUTPUT FROM WHAT FILE: TIU DOCUMENT//

  -A- SEARCH FOR TIU DOCUMENT FIELD: enterED BY
  -A- CONDITION: eQUALS
  -A- EQUALS NEW PERSON: tmgr  MANAGER,TRANSCRIPTION

  tmgr          TRANSCRIP
TIONIST

  -B- SEARCH FOR TIU DOCUMENT FIELD:

IF: A//     ENTERED BY EQUALS 101
(MANAGER,TRANSCRIPTION)

STORE RESULTS OF SEARCH IN TEMPLATE:

SORT BY: NUMBER//
START WITH NUMBER: FIRST//
FIRST PRINT FIELD: .01  DOCUMENT TYPE
THEN PRINT FIELD:
Heading (S/C): TIU DOCUMENT SEARCH//
DEVICE:   TELNET
TIU DOCUMENT SEARCH                            MAR
8,2005  21:47    PAGE 1
DOCUMENT TYPE

                         0 MATCHES FOUND.

Press RETURN to continue...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
Start reading now.