Title: RE: [Hardhats-members] set HL COMMUNICATION SERVER PARAMETERS fails

Check out http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=19563&group_id=11026 on how to ask a GT.M process what it is up to.

-- Bhaskar

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Nancy Anthracite
Sent:   Tue 3/8/2005 9:59 PM
To:     hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:        Re: [Hardhats-members] set HL COMMUNICATION SERVER PARAMETERS fails
Every time I halt VistA and exit, I run my mupip rundown * and I am happy when
it works.  When I do this, if there are processes running that I didn't
realize I left running, it tells me all is not well in Mudville.  I am
regularly powering down my machine to cart it to work, so I guess maybe in my
situation, it is a good idea .

However, when I do find there is a process running and I do my ps aux | grep
mumps and I terminate those processes, I always pray because I assume I am
stopping something inappropriately and I am so happy when the next attempt at
rundown is OK.  Is there a way that I could find out what is going on inside
that resulted in my leaving with a process running - i.e., how can I find out
what that process was?  The ps aux | grep mumps always yields a mumps -direct
*,