I wonder what INTERNAL(ENTERED BY) would do for the search criteria....  This function returns the value directly from the global.  I suspect you would have to compare the value to the IEN of the record you wanted to match. That would be inconvenient.....  but maybe, just maybe, FM could see the field that is passed to the function and do a lookup on it at time of the selecting the matching value....  but I am probably dreaming.

Greg Woodhouse wrote:
Just a thought: I believe you could create a cross-reference that would
all you to search on this field, after all.
--- "Holloway, Thomas (EDS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin,

   Greg W. was basically correct that "=" SHOULD work but it turns
out
that there's a twist.  I was surprised that it didn't work, so I
tested
things a little.   I added an "ENTERED BY" field to a small test file
that I use.  I started with it just plain vanilla:  a pointer to #200
with no extra characteristics.  I populated that field on 5 records.
Then I performed a Search using "=" and selecting the EDITED BY
person
by entering initials as you did.  The Search found all 5 records.  I
then went back and added an OUTPUT TRANSFORM to the field and tried
the
Search again.  This time I got 0 records.  Obviously the Output
Transform plays a critical role in the matching process.  You found
your
records with the 'Contains' condition because you entered exactly
what
the Output Transform produces (i.e. it's what you saw on the
Inquire).
   I guess the conclusion is that one really needs to know their
database when constructing Searches.  If there's an Output Transform
on
the field you are searching, you have to take it into consideration.

Thom H.