Subject: Re: ANSI X12 Parser for Professional Claims
Date: Saturday 26 March 2005 09:33 am
From: "igort01" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Nancy:

ANSI X12 820 is protocol for describing  of financial transactions details
processed by ACH (automated clearing house). (I'm working for  financial
institution.. &-))

But, due to nature of all X12 800 groups protocols implemented approach may
be applied to any of them.
(I've built parser around interpreted message description,  where listed all
tags, along with flags (mandatory/optional) and descriptors (loop, fixed
number of occurences).
Major challenge of dealing with X12 800 groups is that their internal
structure is quite complicated and not transparent.

That is why first we just store information in the database (global), "as
is", and then, per request, extract and parse it.
External WEB based application then accepts pre-formatted stream and builds
HTML presentation.

So, my parser on "as is " basis can not be applied to other than 820 type,
but after extending of its internal dictionary it can.

If you are intrested I can send to you document on that.

And, additionally, I'm curious, what kind of result is expected after
parsing?  Text? HTML? Stream with pre-defined structure?

Cheers!

Igor