John Leo Zimmer wrote:
>johnleozimmer wrote:
>> Well, I'm back to: 500 Internal Server Error

One of the things that I like best about working with M2Web once it is setup
correctly is
that errors are logged with all details preserved and can be displayed for
programmers in
hypertext format with links to the source code for all the routines on the
stack.

This error is generally at a lower level and indicates a configuration problem
with Apache
or GT.M. You can generally get all the information you need to diagnose it from
the log
files located in /var/log/apache2/ (for apache2 on Debian).

Immediately after getting such an error you could try the following to see what
log files
have been most recently updated:

ls -lt /var/log/apache2/

Two files there that are specifically associated with  the vista virtual host
set up for
M2Web are vista_access.log and vista_error.log. You can use the "tail" command
to examine
the most recent entries in those logs. For instance:

tail /var/log/apache2/vista_error.log