Hey now, don't be dissin' pascal,

c++ is now a strongly typed language.  Strong typing
helps keep programs sane, and is easily overcome with
typecasting.

There is very little difference between c++ and
borland's pascal, except that c++ has more users and
has a few more of the rough corners rounded of on
confusing issues like templates functions etc.

Pascal chronically gets a bad rap.  It is percieved to
be a learner's language, and to be slow.  But Borland
makes both pascal Delphi, and c++ Builder.  They make
compilers for both, and the speed of the resulting
programs is about the same.

It's kind of like the M language itself.  Unless you
are looking for blazing speed (and in that case, go to
assembly language), it is much more important what
people do WITH a language than the bells and whistles
of a language itself.  So with M, which is a very
limited language in my opinion (please no flames!),
but VistA is an extremely strong program that has
worked for 20+ years.  Its hard to argue with that.

So give Delphi and pascal some slack!

:-)

Kevin