I have created a simple debugger tool.  It is the
first part of a simple "IDE" I have in mind.

Here is the link

http://openforum.worldvista.org/~forum/index.php?title=Debugging_with_GT.M#Simple_.27IDE.27_with_GT.M

It hooks into the $ZSTEP functionality of GT.M.  For
each line that is executed, the step trap function is
called.  This then displays 10 lines of code at the
tope of the screen, with the current line highlighted.
 Thus one can watch the execution.

Future plans:
1. Setting break points at any point of source code.
2. Adding watches for variables.
3. Ability to modify code on the fly.
4. Error trapping
5. Ability to pause and resume execution.

I'd love for someone to try it out.