Mark,

WorldVistA did not bid on the project....my company did...WorldVistA doesn't not bid on implementation projects that's not its mission. Perhaps the confusion arose out of the fact that I am on the WorldVistA board?

The focus of the RFP was on scheduling and billing etc. and not clinical areas... essentially VistA didn't make it because schdeuling and billing are not VistA's strengths in settings outside the VA...and there are viable open source alternatives.

> So, what is the hierarchy?

Have a look at the website www.worldvista.org

  Is there a structured organization?
Yes...we are a 501 c3 incorporated in California...see above.

  Who from
> WorldVista bids on these projects?

We don't, vendors in the community do this.

 How is this technology being marketed and
> presented to these people?

In a variety of ways...through our meetings and presentations as well was whatever efforts the vendors undertake.

>Are the medsphere.com people the pro's?

There is a community of "pro's" out there, many are solo or in small companies...many collaborate with each other on projects.

I would be happy to discuss this in more detail offline.

Joseph

Mark Street wrote:
I stumbled across PhoenixPM.org awhile back and made note of it. Turns out they are trying to develop an open source Practice Managment suite for a group of small rural medical centers and hospitals here in Northern California with some grant money.

Since they are just up the road a piece I contacted the gentleperson who is heading the project questioning if he considered VistA, he says he knows the worldvista folks well, in fact WorldVista supposedly submitted a proposal for the phoenix project but didn't make the final cut. Hmmmm. Who really is WorldVista.... and why didn't they make the cut!!!

Anyway, he has sent me two E-mails today wanting to come down and check out my demo VistA server this Friday.

So, what is the hierarchy? Is there a structured organization? Who from WorldVista bids on these projects? How is this technology being marketed and presented to these people? Are the medsphere.com people the pro's?

Things are still sort of foggy at this point.... although I did learn a bunch by listening in to the meeting in Boston..... Thanks Nancy!!!

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click _______________________________________________ Hardhats-members mailing list Hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hardhats-members