Mark,

"Large" is a kind word... :-)

The prefixes specify the "package" that the menu
option is in.  Code source files follow this same
system.  I was assigned the "TMG" namespace, so all
the menu options that I make are started with this.

If you look at the PACKAGE file, is lists the
packages, and the associated namespace codes.

Regarding the 9k menus, I created a program ("code
monkey" here...) that put them into some order so I
could understand them.  Here is what I came up with:

http://www.geocities.com/kdtop3/VistaMasterMenus.html

Because to understand the menu options, I think it is
most helpful to learn the TOP level menus.  So I
looked at every menu, and figured out the heirarchy.
Then dumped it out to html.

I'll never tell you to RTFM, because we would all love
to RTFM if we could just find the FM!  But honestly,
the documentation is written for people that have a
certain level of understanding.  I am just about to
the point that the manuals make sense when I read
them.

Kevin