These capabilities are available to you in M2Web. You can pick pretty much any
VistA data
file and get the data out instantly in various formats and document types,
including HTML,
XML, and Javascript. If no format is specified, the default format includes all
fields you
are allowed to access from the zero-node of the data record. The default limit
of records
per page varies with the document type. The default document type is HTML, of
course.

examples:
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/query?dbfile=OPTION&index=Name&find=XUS
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/query.xml?dbfile=OPTION&index=Name&find=XUS
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/query.js?dbfile=OPTION&index=Name&find=XUS
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/query.js?dbfile=OPTION&index=Name&find=XUS&layout=js2
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/query.xls?dbfile=OPTION&index=Name&find=XUS

similarly:
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/query?dbfile=REMOTE+PROCEDURE&index=Name&find=XUS

To see this data rendered in the different document types, insert document type
extensions
before the "?" as in the previous examples.

This one includes a custom format with subfields:
http://vista.vmth.ucdavis.edu/query?dbfile=8994&format=TEST2&index=Name&find=XUS
This is interesting for several reasons, one of which is that it contains
tables within
tables. Unfortunately, the rendering of sub-tables in this example does not
change with
the document type.

This example is almost the same but the format of the subfields was left open.
It renders
syntactically correct XML (I have only tested it with Mozilla so far) but the
HTML doesn't
look as good. Oh well.