Forwarding to the Hardhats for their expert knowledge.

From: Bruce Reed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Friday, April 15, 2005 2:39 AM
To: Schlehuber, Cameron
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] kids

Can you explain what the answers to the questions need to be after invoking the ^%RI at the GTM prompt

GTM>d ^%RI

Routine Input Utility - Converts RO file to *.m files.

Formfeed delimited <No>?  Yes or No
Input device: <terminal>: ?

Output directory :  is this the absolute path to the r directory under /vista/home?

Routine: xu-8-275.rtn  Is this the absolute path to the present location of the routine?
Routine:

Restored 0 lines in 0 routines.

I have installed the Open Vista semi viva system using the instructions from the Open Vista WIKI at http://openforum.worldvista.org/~forum. Everything works fine so far but I would like to have the ability to load KIDS builds.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Note that the routines for allowing KIDS to install from HFS files are

in patch XU*8*275.  (The original patch is in the usual place for Kernel
patches.)

The instructions below and the routines are at
ftp://ftp.va.gov/vista/software/

"xu-8-275.rtn is a copy of the routines from patch XU*8*275 in %RS
format.
This will allow a GT.M site to use %RI to load the routines.
After loading the routines run ^ZTMGRSET.
Once done, a GT.M site can load a KIDS distribution file
(as all patches are posted on this ftp site)
and not have to rely on a mailman connection."