Molly,

The reference you provide is a much more extensive and detailed presentation
of the subject than my paper.  It is, at its title indicates, a view of
"Information Architecture".  Rich in details, the presentation here almost
has "too many notes."   :-)

My paper approaches the subject under the rubric "Information Management
Architecture" and takes the view that emphasis should be on architecture as
a PROCESS, not as a static structure.  The lack of appreciation for this
distinction often acts as a barrier to reaching consensus on information
management strategy.  Likewise, the architecture as a process view enhances
the development of a properly balanced system of appropriately centralized
responsibilities, and an essential flow of decentralized responsibilities.

Regards,

Richard.