It may be as simple as needing a space between the D and the ^ZU.  It should be D ^ZU, not D^ZU.  If you actually did type D ^ZU, then use FileMan (D P^DI) to check that you have an entry in the Device file appropriate for the device you are on.

Butch Jones wrote:

I have just gotten back into community and am again trying to set up a new
installation of CACHE.  I have been pretty successful in following the
instructions on setting up a system.

When I sing onto Cache terminal and change the namespace to VISTA, I am
getting an error message that displays ever-so-briefly when I type "D^ZU"
from the prompt:

VISTA>  D^ZU

{I then get some error code that displays really fast and logs the
terminal off.}

any one know what I have missed in the setup process?

Thanks,
Butch Jones