I realize, that I am doing nothing but muckraking at the moment...
and, I know that I am NOT by any means a core vista person or
personality..... BUT...

I am offended that we call openvista, openvista... it isn't covered by
the GPL or another license that ensures development happens in the open.
HENCE the open for the OPEN source.  I realize I may be going off half
cocked here.... and the connection was bad.... but from the meeting in
Boston... I remember someone from world vista saying that they want to
ensure that developers who develop code are not bound to release it as
open source.  ALTHOUGH it is a really good idea and we really appreciate
it.

This to me just sounds extremely wrong.  You are just asking for a
fragmented code base... and you are ensuring that NO major new
developments happen from anyone outside the VA, unless out of some
personal or corporate guiding principle decide to release it as open
source.  Thank you Sanchez and your new owners.

I can assure you that whatever development I may/will/probably do will
be opensourced and GPL'd...
Does this mean that I don't want money... NO....
But, this does mean that I don't want money for making whatever changes
I make to a FREE Software product. I know that no matter what I do will
not equal the work done by one of the many hero's of this program (of
which I know many are on this list).... If I were you, I would be
outraged that other people are taking your code adding parts to it and
privatizing it.  Even, if it is a company that you yourself work for, or
code that you yourself are adding.  You have given us, and the world a
gift.  A gift that has the potential to transform medical care and
research throughout the world....
PROFIT is important, and for a company the most important...but, profit
can be made and should be made while ensuring that the codebase that you
started with grows and matures for all.

Of course, the line was staticky, and I may have misheard the meeting :P
SO, if that is the case.....

Nevermind

This has been Rosanna Danna Danna

for Manolis