A lot of people disable core dumps with

limit coredumpsize 0

A core file is a memory image saved to disk for debugging. The files
are quite large and simply named core. A segmentation fault is an
illegal memory reference, and if you're linking to library, the bad
reference could eaily have occured there.

BTW, I may be showing my age here, but I used to use dbx to debug fom
core files. If you're a MUMPS programmer, you can think of it as the C
equivalent of the error trap. It enables you to look at the symbol
table, register values, etc. But usually the source needs to be comiled
with symbol table information (cc -S), or you're going to be stuck with
debugging at the assembly level!

Unless thiws is an error in your own library, this is most likely an
issue for Fidelity to look at.

A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers.
--Benjamin Disraeli
====
Greg Woodhouse