-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alberto
Odor Morales
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:48 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] == VistaWeb Missing Apps ==

Thanks for the clarification Joe.

I have VistA (Cache) installed in a server and I'm accessing it from my
network. I would like to prove VistaWeb in this setting, just to be able to
show diferent GUIs to people who could decide to addopt Vista for the
Ministry of Health in Mexico.

Is this possible?

The LoginFrameset.htm pages comes up OK, but if I try to access my cache
istallation (I modified one of the sites in the aspx page to reflect my
settings) I gat:
"ConnectionError: Java.net NoRouteToHostExeption () Host 200.38.167.26, Port
9300 (my server's external IP) or Host 192.168.20.11 Port 9300 (my server's
internal IP.

Alberto Odor
Mexico City

Re MPI, Subscription Control file, etc.:

VistAWeb makes exactly the same use of the MPI as RDV.  So if you have RDV
working you should have not problem with VW, and conversely.

I have no idea what the Subscription Contol file is, and I wrote VW, from
which I conclude you don't need it.  At least per se VW.  Maybe this is
required for a site to be kept up-to-date on the current MPI.  In which case
you would need it.  But you'd also need it for RDV.

VW does not use the patient ICN since none of the RPCs it uses does.  It
uses the DFN at each patient site, so that should be no problem.

Basically, you need a working MPI, and if you can make RDV work, you must
have a working MPI, and that means VW will also work.