Thanks all. I got it working.

Madhavi

From: Greg Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] look up not working for STATE file
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:43:18 -0700 (PDT)

Use FIND^DIC. In the STATE file, the abbreviation (field 1) is indexed
by the "C" cross-reference, so searching on this index only gives:

>>D FIND^DIC(5,,"@;.01;1","P","MA",,"C",,,"ROOT")

>>ZW ROOT
ROOT("DILIST",0)=1^*^0^
ROOT("DILIST",0,"MAP")=IEN^.01^1
ROOT("DILIST",1,0)=25^MASSACHUSETTS^MA

--- Madhavi Bagepalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to make fileman do just a single lookup, instead of
> multiple
> lookup?
>
> >From: "Holloway, Thomas (EDS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: <hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net>
> >Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] look up not working for STATE file
> >Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:21:08 -0400
> >
> >It's working just fine.  You get all entries that either start with
> MA
> >*OR* have the abbreviation MA.  FileMan is doing a multiple cross
> >reference look up.
> >
> >    tjh

"The most profound technologies are those that disappear."
--Mark Weiser

====
Greg Woodhouse