Wireless PDA's have some benefit in a (small) private practice, though the
wireless part leaves some question. Most who use it in the context of
medication ordering of refills get some perks, to get the drug ordering
business, along with free use of the PDA. PDA medical records have serious
limitations - the worst being limited to single user. I suppose some of the
wireless PDA's like Blackberry (did I get that right) will have some
advantage in remote wireless connection such as a cocktail party..;-)

That said - I find the PDA extraordinarily helpful and used one since before
the first HP came out (late 80's). Aside from maintaining non-patient
scheduling, if provide a quick reference to PDR, various medical
calculations and a note taker. In the early days I used a diagnostic program
called RemindIV - similar to DXPlain and QMR. That whole process has become
supplanted by the ubiquitous internet.

Bottom line, I use it just like anyone of any profession. All my PDA's have
wireless capability since it became available. I never turned one on. I do
sync with my desktop.

thurman
P.S.: They are very light - sure wish I could use them as I walk between
exam rooms without having to log back in. NOT ENOUGH VISUAL.