A "normal application" is one that does the kind of thing "I" thought it might need to do. You're right that it is a basic rule that no one can ever think of everything ahead of time. And -- to step on a personal soap box of mine -- maybe some day we'll stop developing software as if though we had thought of everything ahead of time.

===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Before one gets the right answer, one must ask the right question." -- S. Barry Cooper