Have you considered using XGF?

===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers. -- Benjamin Disraeli

On Jul 12, 2005, at 9:47 PM, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:

I am in the middle of writing a function to display a
progress bar.

I want the bar to stay on one line, so at the end of
each line, I need to do something to get back to the
beginning of line.

My first approach was to write the line, then write a
$char(13) to go back to the beginning of the line,
ready for the next refresh.

But this gave very odd output, like this:

Lets begin...
Progress:
94%--------------------------------------------->||
Progress: 89%------------------------>|--|
Progress:
84%-------------------------------------->|---
Progress:
74%----------------------------------->|---------|
Progress: 69%--------------------|-----------|
Progress: 64%----------------------------->|--------
Progress:
59%-------------------------->|------------------|
Progress: 49%------------------------------------|
Progress: 44%------------------->|--------------
Progress:
39%----------------->|---------------------------|
Progress: 29%----------------------------------------|
Progress: 24%---------->|-------------------
Progress:
19%-------->|------------------------------------|
Progress:
9%---->|--------------------------------------|
Progress:  4%->|------------------------
-------------------|
All done!...

But if, instead, I write a !, and then issue an escape
sequence to move the cursor up one line, it works
perfectly.

It acts like it drops characters unless I write a !

Does anyone know what is going on?
thanks
Kevn

http://mail.yahoo.com

This SF.Net email is sponsored by the 'Do More With Dual!' webinar happening July 14 at 8am PDT/11am EDT. We invite you to explore the latest in dual core and dual graphics technology at this free one hour event hosted by HP,