The new GT.M is upward compatible - an option is added to allow existing null subscripts and prohibit new ones. Nothing has been taken away, and the previous options remain, to permit or prohibit (the default behavior) null subscripts.

Nancy Anthracite wrote:
Are you using the new GTM? As I recall, new null subscripts are not allowed. I wonder if reindexing is causeingold null subscripts to be recognized as a
new null subscript when it is run?

 From Sourceforge:
There is now an option for a database file to allow existing global variable nodes with null subscripts but to prohibit setting/updating global variables
with null subscripts. See the technical bulletin GT.M Null Subscripts
(http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/targets/GTM_Null_Subscripts.html)
for details.