Kevin wrote:
>Medsphere has certainly put money into the development
>of this technology.  And I will understand if they
>want a return on that investment.

I am sure that they will see a tremendous return if their solution is widely
adopted
whether Open Source or not. Making it Open Source would help to ensure wide
acceptance and
adoption.

>Is there any way that we could develop equivalent
>technology in an opensource fashion?

You know more about the client side of CPRS than I do. On the server side,
developing an
M2Web/GT.M/Apache based version of the VistA RPC broker seems like a relatively
small project.

>I don't understand the arrangement he described.

As I read it, There could be one server running VistA with an unmodified RPC
broker and a
separate intermediary server running a web server that receives HTTPS requests
from the
CPRS client and calls a SOAP middleware application that sends them on to the
RPC broker
and relays back the responses.