In fact, this is what is normally done. Instead of trying to implement
server processes in MUMPS, it is usual to implement serices running
under the control of the OS for SMTP, HL7, etc. I can't speak to the
configuration you are using, but the right thing to do would be to run
these services under the control of intetd or xinetd.

--- Zeno Davatz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/29/05, Nancy Anthracite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You have to open the port that will show with nmap in you iptables
> or whatever
> > way you do that.  VistA does not do that for you.
> Ok, got it, thanks.
>
> Any possibility that this will be done by the VistaServer in the
> Future, as with many other services as SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.?
>
> Thanks
> Zeno

Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Design quality doesn't ensure success, but design failure can ensure failure."

--Kent Beck