-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joseph
Dal Molin
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:45 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Hardhats-members] Re: VistA Imaging FDA and NonCommercial Use Re:
[Hardhats-members] Re: TIU Interface for Document Scanning

Actually this has nothing to do with open source .... it is how it is
distributed ie. sold vs. given away.

One of the best medical imaging systems in the market actually started
out as a freebie....the name escapes me now.... not sure what the FDA
history of that solution is but it spread far and wide and then became
commercial and would have had to get FDA approval at that point.