Fair enough. I suppose I was focusing more on "...the one data type in MUMPS" than the statement that typing is contextually derived. I would consider those two assertions mutually contradictory, but that is a minor point. The important thing is the type polymorphism based on context, as you state.
===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It is foolish to answer a question that
you do not understand."
--G. Polya ("How to Solve It")