-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tyrus
Maynard
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 2:42 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Hardhats-members] last value in Y from GETENV

I have configuration questions that will require examples from
VistaOffice.
Once a configuration of some flavor of Vista is OK for tinkering with, I
don't linger on issues like the box aka machine aka node (in some
texts).
 But I am a little obsessed with where the last piece of the Y string
comes from after it has been set in that famous reference exercise:
   D GETENV^%ZOSV
   W Y

Here is output from a new install of VistaOffice beta:
   EHR>D GETENV^%ZOSV W !,Y

   EHR^EHR^HPLAP^EHR:CACHEWEB

Since I want  the machine name for my laptop to remain "hplap" for other
uses , This string Y should be "configured" to return:

    EHR^EHR^HPLAP^EHR:HPLAP

and this is supposed to be done (I thought) by editing the entry in
Taskman Site Parameters. Conveniently, there is only one entry in the
fresh install, but it's  solitary entry name  name is not "
EHR:CACHEWEB"
and it doesnt contain "EHR:CACHEWEB" as a field entry.

  So where is the last piece of Y ("CACHEWEB") coming from?

If I look in the code, I am *overwhelmed* with %1 defined by:
   %1=$ZU(86),%1=$S(%<3.1:$P(%1,"*",3),1:$P(%1,"*",2))

If I go to Taskman Site Parameters in Fileman here is what lives there.
(I'll use Edit mode for Inquiring) because the verbose ?? help shows how
the last piece has *nothing* to do with what is stored in this single
entry for TaskSiteParam:

Select OPTION: ENTER OR EDIT FILE ENTRIES

INPUT TO WHAT FILE: TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS// EDIT WHICH FIELD: ALL//
Select TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS BOX-VOLUME PAIR: ??
   EHR:CACHE

     You may enter a new TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS, if you wish
The value for the current account is EHR:CACHEWEB     Your answer should
be the  volume set name concatenated with ":"
        concatenated with the name of the CPU.
      The value for the current process can be found by doing
GETENV^%ZOSV
and   checking the fourth ^-piece of Y.  This allows the TaskMan
site parameters to be applied extremely precisely, depending both upon
which volume set and cpu which is affected.

Select TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS BOX-VOLUME PAIR: `1  EHR:CACHE BOX-VOLUME
PAIR: EHR:CACHE//
RESERVED:
LOG TASKS?: NO//
DEFAULT TASK PRIORITY: 7//
TASK PARTITION SIZE: 100//
SUBMANAGER RETENTION TIME: 20//
TASKMAN JOB LIMIT: 100//
TASKMAN HANG BETWEEN NEW JOBS: 5//
MODE OF TASKMAN: GENERAL PROCESSOR//
VAX DSM ENVIROMENT FOR DCL:
OUT OF SERVICE: NO//
MIN SUBMANAGER CNT: 1// ^

Select TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS BOX-VOLUME PAIR: ^ Select OPTION:

  Maybe I am supposed to be asking where the value for "CPU" lives which
has a context called "account" by whoever wrote the ??help. The help
gives a contextual citation of this same value ...where does it live?
Must it be edited wherever it lives?

But this is from Openvista docs:
 "A machine is mainly something to hook onto some VA TaskMan
configuration parameters. The terms machine, CPU, box, or node are
commonly used interchangeably."

Thanks for help in the murky depths of Vista configuration

RustyMaynard