From: "Greg Woodhouse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Re: Binary Read/Writes

That's why VistA applications are not allowed to OPEN or CLOSE devices
on their own, and are not allowed to use builtins like $I and $P.

The MDC may have thought that leaving these types of things up to the
vendors was the right thing to do, but I believe it was a mistake.
Something so basic as writing binary data to a file should not require
implementation specific code.