César --

Use Linux's shell scripting capabilities.  Something like (don't take
this literally, but use it as the basis for what you should do):

To start:

export gtm_dist=/usr/local/gtm
export gtmgbldir= ...pointer to global directory...
export gtmroutines= ...routine search path...
$gtm_dist/mumps -dir <<eNDoFsCRIPT
d STRT^ZTMB
d STRT^XWBTCP(9260)
eNDoFsCRIPT

and, to stop:

export gtm_dist=/usr/local/gtm
export gtmgbldir= ...pointer to global directory...
export gtmroutines= ...routine search path...
$gtm_dist/mumps -dir <<eNDoFsCRIPT
d STOP^XWBTCP(9260)
d STRT^ZTMKU
YES
eNDoFsCRIPT

In other words, use Linux's shell scripting capabilities.

-- Bhaskar