-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thurman
Pedigo
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:31 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] We DO Care - YES we care about Katrina

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:57 PM Gregory Woodhouse Said:
"What happened is so horrible that almost anything we can say seems
inappropriate, or at least inadequate."

Agree with George. There are numerous ways to contribute - AMA, AAFP, and
numerous sources are providing suggestions, and appropriate links. Numerous
lists have promoted involvement. We are all concerned.

Thanks to Tomo for reminding us in a public way.

Below is a list (distributed by AMA) for interested members:/tlp

American Red Cross (800) HELP NOW (435-7669) in English, (800) 257-7575 in
Spanish

Salvation Army (800) SAL-ARMY (725-2769)

Operation Blessing (800) 436-6348

America's Second Harvest (800) 344-8070

Adventist Community Services (800) 381-7171

Catholic Charities, USA (800) 919-9338

Christian Disaster Response (941) 956-5183 or (941) 551-9554

Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (800) 848-5818

Church World Service (800) 297-1516

Convoy of Hope (417) 823-8998

Lutheran Disaster Response (800) 638-3522

Mennonite Disaster Service (717) 859-2210

Nazarene Disaster Response (888) 256-5886

Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (800) 872-3283

Southern Baptist Convention -- Disaster Relief (800) 462-8657, ext. 6440

United Methodist Committee on Relief (800) 554-8583