-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of steven
mcphelan
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:52 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Starting TASKMAN no interactive way

Taskman and VistA tasked options can be enhanced to support the
functionality that you mention Bhaskar.  However, the job is monumental.
All existing processes that queued to Taskman would have to be reexamined
and mot like rewritten.  Taskman would have to be enhanced to automatically
restart processes.  This step may not be necessary.  The SOP for program
design could be that the applications would honor the shutdown request and
if need be the application would set up a new scheduled task so that it can
start up where it left off at.  This way Taskman would only have to be
modified to handle shut down gracefully which would include to set up the
notifications to processes to stop running.

>From the system level, this taskman function needs to honor the urgency of
the system manager.  The situation may be so serious that the manager does
not want Taskman to wait for any extended time for the processes to stop.
But that could easily be accommodated in that new taskman shutdown
functionality.  Actually that is the way Taskman currently works.