> Amen!  I am trying figure out the practice management system that our
> group bought a year ago.  I'm have having to first understand the
> problems that the software is designed to fix, and then understand how
> it tries to help.  Ugghh.  I went to medical school, not business
> school!

Even then your software should be biased in your favor, rather than the
other way around.

> Fred, to be honest, there is a lot of discussion on this, but not a
> lot of code production--from what I can tell.  I think that if you
> have a valid practice management system that could be integrated with
> VistA, then someone (and likely someone on your end) is going to have
> to create a interface.  Then publish it, and see what we can do on our
> end.

Chris R. and I are making slow progress towards an integration of FreeB
and VistA. We just need to exchange data dictionaries and we will be
well on our way. This FreeB and VistA integration is pretty much a
no-brainer. As such I think it is a good step towards deeper integration
of our projects. Once I learn what Chris did with hl7 to get FreeB
working he and I will probably be in a good position to talk about
full-on data interchange, with not too much more work. So we are making
slow progress. Both Chris and I have day jobs however :)

> I would love to see a WorldVistA code base released that is as
> functional as possible.  Bhaskar makes LiveCD's, and perhaps if you
> could somehow have a configuration of ClearHealth that could be
> plugged in, then you might convince him to include it.

That would be great. I would also be interested in a
ClearHealth/VistAOffice that would be a single installation EHR and PM
in one box.

> I guess what I am saying is that I would vote for having VistA take
> care of the medical records part, and have ClearHealth operate as the
> PM end.  And I think this is what you indicated you would like to see
> on a recent conference call.

> But I think the first step is going to have to come from your end,
> because you understand what ClearHealth needs.

First step is happening :) I will keep everyone posted.